Last Minute Training Do's and Don'ts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Reid Swanson | Tri-California Events Head Coach
- Keep your calm in the days leading up to big race.
- Be confident in your training and your plan.
- Lay out all your race gear in the days leading up to the race.
- Stick to your pre-race taper plan but stay flexible.
- Study the course and transition area.
- Train on the course if possible.
- Come with all your plans set: nutrition, race strategy and race equipment set.
- Be prepared for crowds, mayhem and distractions.
- Know your start time and plan accordingly.
- Train too much or get lured into racing during training, which can be very tempting.
- Don't change all your gear just because the expo had some great new tri-suit or run shoes you hadn't seen before. Stick with your plan. You should have already used your gear in training or in previous races so you know what to expect.
- Don't try new sport nutrition. Go with what you prepared and you can try something new for the next race.
- Don't show up late, there will be lines (be early and reduce the anxiety).
More training tips will be available during our Main Stage Clinics. View Schedule Here