Job Opportunities / Internships
Tri-California Events has been serving the triathlon community since 1982. We specialize in producing, managing and running high quality events focused on the needs of our athletes. We produce "The One and Only" Wildflower Triathlons, The San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz, The San Francisco Triathlon at Treasure Island, The Triathlon at Pacific Grove and Scott Tinley's Triathlon.
Current Job Openings:
No jobs are currently available
We have ongoing opportunities for internships at Tri-California Events. You can experience the daily happenings within a busy healthy lifestyle company and gain valuable knowledge of the events industry. Areas to gain experience in are: Marketing, Promotions, Event Production, Race Timing, Registration, Corporate Partnerships, Merchandise, Graphic Design, Volunteers, Media Relations and Equipment Rentals. If you are interested in gaining valuable work experience, please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references names and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Internship Openings:
Reports to: Promotions Director
Internship Title: Promotions Assistant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facebook post and review of content daily
- Twitter posts
- Blog content gathering and posting
- Triathlon, Running, Cycling: Industry Research that we can collect content for our sites
- Browse other blog and website posts for tie in etc.
- Latest News assistance to Promotional Director
- Create interest through social media that will increase race participation
- Implement monthly communication plan
- Plan and implement mobile tour: March, June, August
- Create interest within clubs to promote our events and bring their group through benefit package
- Create timelines and work with host clubs for each event
- Send newsletters to club members with specials etc
- Create database with contact info and profiles
- Assist with mailings and correspondence
- Watch social media for potential ambassadors and contact
- Search online for the latest news in the industry and technology
- Create training tips from online research specific to events
- Search online for hot topics and address them through research
Mobile Tour Overall Goals
- Reach New Participants through Fitness Clubs
- Offer a Service to Triathlon Clubs
- Create Enthusiasm to Race With Triathlon Clubs
- Distribute Flyers in Communities In California
- Offer Great Deals on Sponsor Products
- Reach Outside California by Partnering With Elite Athletes
Must be Junior or Senior in college with good computer skills and social media understanding.
Must be available January to June, June to September or August to November
Compensation & Benefits:
Part-time paid intership (some volunteer requirements) located in Templeton, CA
College credit available (depending on your college credit requirements)
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Email cover letter, resume and 3 reference names and contact information to:
Betsy@tricalifornia.com with “Promotions Assistant- Internship” in the subject line.
Reports to: Production Director
Internship Title: Production Intern
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The production intern position is a high energy, task oriented, goal and timeline driven position. It is an integral part of the production team that will be key to the success of the Tri-California event season.
The intern position is an hourly position, with a 3 month appointment, that can be extended upon agreement by all parties involved.
The production intern will be responsible for various portions of the event production cycle. The responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Event plan document development
• Event timeline development and implementation
• Event supply list development, review and implementation
• Event recap documentation
• Event logistical coordination
• Volunteer recruitment and management
• Event lodging and menu coordination
• Event LOC (Local Organizing Committee) training
• Various administrative duties
The position will require a moderate amount of travel; extended hours; some physical labor at event sites; a teamwork oriented attitude; ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment; ability to multi-task with short term and long term event planning.
The candidate will possess exceptional personal initiative and self-drive; a class C driver’s license with a clean driving record; a strong desire to learn; the ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds; a strong understanding and demonstrated use of the Microsoft Office suite; strong interpersonal skills; public speaking skills; a professional demeanor; a strong customer service oriented attitude.
Interested candidates should forward a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.