Nothing says fall quite like the best apples of the season. These baked treats make a fantastic breakfast, hearty snack, or even better dessert. To top it off, your kitchen will smell heavenly in minutes.
- 1 large apple (Gala, Empire, or Granny Smith all work well), cut in half and cored
- 1 teaspoon almond, coconut, or sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, raw honey, or agave nectar
- ¼ cup crushed raw walnut, almond, or cashews
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated raw cheese or fresh, raw goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Sea salt
- Rub the apple halves with oil and place flesh side down on small sheet pan in a 200-degree oven (a toaster oven works great here). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until warmed almost all the way through.
- While apple is baking, toss the rest if the ingredients together in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Once apple is done, top warm apple with mixture.